“People come to church longing for, yearning for, hoping for … a sense of roots, place, belonging, sharing and caring. People come to a church with a search for community, not committee.” — Glenn Turner
A different way of doing church
Covenant Groups deepen and broaden personal spiritual growth. A group usually consists of 8-10 members who meet at various locations on a regular schedule. Each meeting is focused on a spiritual or religious topic. The goals are to:
- Listen and be listened to in a safe place
- Learn about the mysteries of our world and our spiritual paths
- Build new and deeper personal connections
- Serve our community and the needs of one another
- Maintain personal connections and a caring community
Each group has a facilitator who schedules the meetings and guides, but does not run, the conversation. We currently have one covenant group, which meets on the first Tuesday of the month at 4pm at the Southold Free Library.
How can you join a group?
Everyone is welcome to the current group; for more information, contact Ginny Cornell at – email- phone.
If you are interested in forming or being part of a different group, contact the minister at 631-765-3494 or email@example.com.